Recipe by merrilife
I have tried so many cornbread recipes!! They all seem to be missing...something, some are too dry, some too sweet, some are just plain not tasty! This is a mix of all of those different recipes, that I have been working on to be the perfect fit for our tastes. Hope you enjoy it too!
Top Review by Bittersweetened
Very tasty combo. This was not your average cornbread, but a very sweet/cake type of recipe. My husband who doesn't like cornbread said he would eat this again, so that has to be good, right? I enjoyed it and will keep the recipe on hand. Thanks for posting sistah!
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (8 ounce) boxjiffy yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like your cornbread)
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup sweet frozen white corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat 375 degrees.
- Mix jiffy box mixes first.
- Add in sugar, eggs, and sour cream.
- Add in enough milk or water to make it a pancake like consistency.
- Add in frozen corn (no need to defrost).
- Pour into 8X8 glass dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done (toothpick center).