Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have tried so many cornbread recipes!! They all seem to be missing...something, some are too dry, some too sweet, some are just plain not tasty! This is a mix of all of those different recipes, that I have been working on to be the perfect fit for our tastes. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 (8 ounce) box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 (8 ounce) boxjiffy yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar (depending on how sweet you like your cornbread)
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup sweet frozen white corn
- Pre-heat 375 degrees.
- Mix jiffy box mixes first.
- Add in sugar, eggs, and sour cream.
- Add in enough milk or water to make it a pancake like consistency.
- Add in frozen corn (no need to defrost).
- Pour into 8X8 glass dish.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done (toothpick center).
Very tasty combo. This was not your average cornbread, but a very sweet/cake type of recipe. My husband who doesn't like cornbread said he would eat this again, so that has to be good, right? I enjoyed it and will keep the recipe on hand. Thanks for posting sistah!
Maybe the best cornbread I ever tasted. I used yellow corn instead of white corn since that is what I had on hand. Still a wonderful recipe!