I found this recipe on myrecipe.com and saw that it had the most and the highest rated reviews. I was glad I gave it a shot, the cake was the best carrot cake I've made. It was flavorful and moist. I threw raisins into the mix as well and used my Favorite Cream Cheese frosting recipe. Which I will put on a separate post.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 1⁄3 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned crushed pineapple, drained
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare cake, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, coconut, pecans, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Combine oil and eggs; stir well. Stir egg mixture, grated carrot, and pineapple into flour mixture. Spoon batter into a 13 x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla just until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake. Garnish each serving with grated carrot, if desired.