Recipe by SilentCricket
Get a glass of cold milk ready! This has been my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time, found in a Betty Crocker cookbook years ago. Once I made it for my HS Latin class and it became a class tradition and a family favorite...Thank you, Betty!
Top Review by Zestphobia
I have tried several cookie recipes from this site, including a lot of highly rated chocolate chip cookie recipes. These were by far the best and most reliable. I use several different type cookie sheets, and they always turned out great. This was definitely the best recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening, butter, and sugars in large mixing bowl; blend in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes until golden brown.
- **I like chewy cookies and if you do too, adjust the baking time accordingly).