Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is THE very best chocolate chip cookie I have ever eaten. The recipe was given to me by a dear friend that I went to school with 40 years ago, M.C. Caudill. She recently sent some of these cookies home with me for my husband but, I couldn't help but eat a couple on the way, sorry Dear. It makes a huge cookie, which is even better! Hope you enjoy as much as we have!!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt, scant
- 3 cups chocolate chips (I use 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 milk chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 and arrange nuts on baking sheet and toast for 7 to 9 minutes. Cool and coarsely chop.
- Grease baking sheet generously with butter or cookng spray. Cream butter and both sugars togethter about 1 minute, until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 1 minute. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix on medium speed until incorporated. Stir in walnuts, pecans and chocolate chips. The dough will be relatively stiff.
- Drop the dough on cookie sheets using an ice cream scoop about 1 1/2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown on edges (Don't worry about the raw dough in the middle, it will disappear as the cookies cool.) The cookies will spread about 3 1/2 inches in diameter.