Recipe by YungB
I have been using this recipe for years, and everyone LOVES them!
Top Review by Denise in da Kitchen
Rich, chewy, sweet and delicious! I didn't have any semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I used milk chocolate. Yum! I baked them for 10 minutes and they were perfect! This is definately going to replace my old toll house recipe!
- 3⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecan pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Cream butter flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Blend until creamy. Blend in egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture, gradually.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist).
- DO NOT OVERBAKE or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer to cool rack.
- 3 dozens 3-inch cookies. Note: if nuts are omitted, use 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Note: I add 2 Tbsp of additional flour per batch. This makes the batter a little easier to spoon out on to the cookie sheet, and gives you a more full bodied cookie that is still chewy, gooey and delicious, without being flat, hard and crunchy.