Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have been using this recipe for years, and everyone LOVES them!
Make and share this My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Cream butter flavor Crisco, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Blend until creamy. Blend in egg.
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture, gradually.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls (about 2 measuring tablespoons) of dough 3" apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes for chewy cookies (they will look light and moist).
- DO NOT OVERBAKE or 11 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes.
- Transfer to cool rack.
- 3 dozens 3-inch cookies. Note: if nuts are omitted, use 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Note: I add 2 Tbsp of additional flour per batch. This makes the batter a little easier to spoon out on to the cookie sheet, and gives you a more full bodied cookie that is still chewy, gooey and delicious, without being flat, hard and crunchy.
Rich, chewy, sweet and delicious! I didn't have any semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I used milk chocolate. Yum! I baked them for 10 minutes and they were perfect! This is definately going to replace my old toll house recipe!
Way beyond my expectations! I'm not a semi-sweet kinda girl but trusted the recipe. I did leave out the pecans so DD could enjoy them too, but someday when she starts school I'll make a "Me" batch with pecans. :) Thank you for sharing your fabulous recipe, YungB! I'll be using nothing else from now on. Made for Fall 2008 PAC - O.
Thank you, thank you! I had lost my recipe for this. These are THE BEST chocolate chip cookies!