1/2 Photos of My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have been using this recipe since 1993. The original version came from Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book. Over time, of course, I have changed it to suit my preferences. I am sure you and yours will love this very classic of classics as much as me and mine! NOTE: I use old fashioned shortening with animal fats when I make these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Use a medium speed on the mixer to beat the shortening and the butter together till almost smooth.
- 3Add 1/2 the flour, the dark brown sugar, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking soda.
- 4Beat till combined well.
- 5Beat in the remaining flour.
- 6Stir in chocolate chips (or other option).
- 7Drop onto cookie sheet in tablespoon size drops, about 2-3 inches apart.
- 8(It also works to roll into 1-1/2 inch balls and space at 2-1/2 inches).
- 9Bake@ 375 for 8-10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 10Cool on rack& enjoy.
- 11Extremely good while warm.
- 12Especially delicious after cooled.
- 13Store in Ziploc or sealed container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g