Recipe by QueenJellyBean
This is a microwave recipe that my dad used to make that I prefer cooked on the stove. It comes together really quickly and you have tasty chili in less than an hour. Then I put it in bread bowls and top in with cheese and onion. My favorite bakery makes bread bowls that are just the right size and not super huge so that we actually have room left in our tummies to eat the bowl too!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 bread bowls
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef with salt and onion, adding green pepper and garlic toward the end.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, chiles, tomato paste, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Spoon into prepared bread bowls. Top with chopped onion and shredded cheddar.