Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been making this recipe for so many years (36 plus) that I do not remember where it originated. I just made it (in multiple) for a Super Bowl party and since there was a request for the recipe, thought I would post it for future reference. We like to add cheese on top when we eat it. I hope others of you will enjoy it also.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 lb diced tomato
- 1 (1 lb) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Brown the beef, onions and green peppers together, then pour off grease.
- Add the other ingredients, stir, cover and let simmer 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve.
Made this for hubby and he said it was good and he enjoyed it, i added extra chilli as other reviewer did Thanks for recipe
We thought this chili was very good. I did not have the green pepper and next time will use that and 2 teaspoons of chili powder instead of one.