Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
I love this chili recipe! It is so easy and tastes so good! I like to serve it with shredded cheddar and some chopped onions sprinkled on top. Enjoy!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 dash ground oregano
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- Cook ground beef and onion in dutch oven until beef is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add remaining ingredients, except beans.
- Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans and continue to cook, covered, 45 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook 15 minutes more.
- Makes 2 quarts.
This is the perfect hearty chili. It is mild but can be seasoned to taste. This chili has the perfect blend of beans, meat and sauce and one does not overpower the other. I have eaten it with grated cheddar cheese sprinkled on top and chopped onions and tobasco. A perfect meal in itself.
My husband and I enjoyed this very much! I've been looking for an 'easy to make' and 'great tasting' recipe for chili. This is it. I agree with previous comments that this does have the perfect balance of beans, meat and sauce. I added a little more chili powder though. My husband told me it was the best chili he ever ate.
Bev, I would ditto all of Dan'l's comments about this chili. On personal preference, I did add a few extra spices to give it a little more zip, but the balance of beans, meat and sauce is wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Tweeky.