1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Alyssa #3's Note:
Have this simmering on the stove right now. It smells fantastic and I know it will taste great and provide some much needed relief for this little bug I'm fighting. The turnips, parsnips, and dill really make this, IMO. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up skins removed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1Place chicken in large stock pot with chicken broth and enough water to cover over high heat. Once it starts to boil, lower heat to simmer. Meanwhile, prep your veggies.
- 2Add all the other ingredients to the pot, adding about another 1.5 quarts of water and return to a simmer.
- 3Allow to simmer for about an hour and then debone and cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to the pot.
- 4Add egg noodles and allow to simmer another 10 minutes until the noodles are done.
- 5Check and adjust S&P seasonings and serve.
- 6Delicious with fresh crusty bread and butter.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.7
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 101.3 mg
- Sodium 2523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: