Recipe by Alyssa #3
Have this simmering on the stove right now. It smells fantastic and I know it will taste great and provide some much needed relief for this little bug I'm fighting. The turnips, parsnips, and dill really make this, IMO. Enjoy!
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up skins removed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small turnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 1 leek, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in large stock pot with chicken broth and enough water to cover over high heat. Once it starts to boil, lower heat to simmer. Meanwhile, prep your veggies.
- Add all the other ingredients to the pot, adding about another 1.5 quarts of water and return to a simmer.
- Allow to simmer for about an hour and then debone and cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to the pot.
- Add egg noodles and allow to simmer another 10 minutes until the noodles are done.
- Check and adjust S&P seasonings and serve.
- Delicious with fresh crusty bread and butter.