Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My great-aunt gave me this recipe as part of a wedding present, and it is absolutely one of our favorite recipes ever! It takes a little time to prepare, but it's well worth it!
- 4 chicken breasts, boiled, deboned, diced
- 32 ounces frozen broccoli, cooked and drained
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix
- Mix diced chicken and broccoli in 9" x 13" casserole dish.
- Top chicken and broccoli with grated cheese.
- In separate bowl, mix soup, eggs, onion, chicken broth, mayonnaise, and salt& pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture over broccoli, chicken& cheese in casserole dish.
- Melt butter; toss into stuffing mix.
- Spread stuffing mixture over casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 350° oven.
This was so good! I did use an 8 oz. pkg. of stuffing. Will put this in my file to make again. Thanks so much for posting.
I have made this so many times, everyone in my family loves it. I figured it would be good if someone gave it as a wedding gift. I added the eggs the first time, never again. It doesn't really add anything and I don't want to have to boil 2 eggs every time I make this. I also use the cambell's cream of chicken and mushroom combo. Make sure you drain the broccoli well; I actually cut it up ontop of paper-towels to absorb the extra liquid. I also use pepperidge farm cubed seasoned stuffing, yum!!!!
Very delicious. I really enjoyed this recipe and so did my husband. I made a small batch of this casserole. I'll make it again. Thanks for the recipe schwabina.