Recipe by SReiff
Finally, the right combo for cheesesteaks! This recipe is very "forgiving" and lots of extras can be added - fresh tomatoes, fresh mushrooms, garlic...whatever you'd like!
- 1⁄2 red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb chipped steak
- 1 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- meat tenderizer, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 steak rolls
- 8 slices white American cheese
- marinara sauce or steak sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in oil until just tender; approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Add chipped steak, cut into small pieces.
- Add minced onion, Worcestershire sauce and spices.
- Cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Place two pieces of white American cheese into one steak roll. Top with meat mixture and marinara or steak sauce.