This is a melt in your mouth decadence! I make this at Christmas, and it's a good thing it only comes once a year!
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips evenly over the bottom; set aside.
- In deep, heavy saucepan, combine butter and sugars - keep in mind that this bubbles up quite a bit during cooking.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture boils. Then, without stirring any further, cook to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C using candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and pour evenly over nuts and chips.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces.
- *I use a butter knife to break up, pushing the tip straight down into the toffee, which splinters off pieces, then you can break up into smaller bits by hand.