1/1 Photo of My Favorite Buttery Toffee
Southern Sugar Dumplin's Note:
This is a melt in your mouth decadence! I make this at Christmas, and it's a good thing it only comes once a year!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly grease a 9 x 13 dish. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips evenly over the bottom; set aside.
- 2In deep, heavy saucepan, combine butter and sugars - keep in mind that this bubbles up quite a bit during cooking.
- 3Cook over medium high heat, stirring until mixture boils. Then, without stirring any further, cook to 300 degrees F/150 degrees C using candy thermometer.
- 4Remove from heat and pour evenly over nuts and chips.
- 5Cool completely, then break into pieces.
- 6*I use a butter knife to break up, pushing the tip straight down into the toffee, which splinters off pieces, then you can break up into smaller bits by hand.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Buttery Toffee
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.8 mg
- Sodium 136.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 1.4 g