1 hr 30 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
I'm just starting on my OAMC adventures. I LOVE LOVE LOVE broccoli casserole and would probably keel over and die if I couldn't have it anymore. Yes, that's right...die. Mom and Pop always raise some broccoli in the summer and this my favorite way of eating it (other than my soup). So, I mix up a batch of this when it's fresh and throw it in the freezer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups broccoli florets, cooked until tender
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups Minute Rice, prepared
- 1/2-1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed (use as much or as little as you like)
- 1.5 (10 ounce) soup can milk
- 15 -20 round butter flavored crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1In a medium saucepan, heat the Velveeta, soup, and milk until the cheese is melted. If the sauce is too thick, add more milk until it is your desired richness.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, broccoli, and sauce. Stir gently to prevent breaking up the broccoli too much.
- 3Divide the mixture in half and place in a one-gallon freezer bag. Lay the freezer bag in the dish you would normally cook the casserole inches Freeze until solid and remove from the dish. Repeat for the second bag. Do not prepare the crumb topping until time to bake.
- 4To prepare immediately or prepare one and freeze one, place half in a casserole dish and top with the topping. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crackers are golden and sides are bubbly.
- 5For cooking the frozen casserole: remove the frozen solid from the bag and place place in the casserole dish. Thaw on the countertop for 30 minutes or longer. Place in the casserole dish and prepare the crumb topping (the topping recipe is for one casserole). Bake at 350 degrees until hot and bubbly and crackers are golden brown, about 45-60 minutes if partially frozen, 30 minute if totally thawed.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Broccoli Casserole, OAMC Style
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.6
- Calories from Fat 132
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 22.8 mg
- Sodium 823.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 9.3 g