Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This is my favorite version of blueberry pudding cake. It is a little different than others that are posted. I sometimes substitute part Splenda for some of the sugar to make it more healthy. I adapted it from a recipe in Taste of Home magazine.
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss the blueberries with cinnamon and lemon juice; place in a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder; stir in milk and butter. Spoon over berries.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; sprinkle over batter.
- Slowly pour boiling water over all.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until the cake test done.