Recipe by Graceful Chef
This is hands-down, far and away the best coffee cake I've ever tasted. It's moist, sweet, and crunchy at the same time. Almost any fruit can be used (raspberries are another favorite). Recipe can easily be halved.
- 3 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cold butter
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, cook blueberries and water over medium heat for 5 minutes; add lemon juice.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch; stir into fruit mixture.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in eggs, sour cream and vanilla (batter will be stiff).
- Spread half into greased 13 x 9-inch dish.
- Spread blueberry filling over batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Combine dry topping ingredients; cut in butter.
- Sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.