Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mothers recipe. I have no idea where she found it. This was the one thing she made that actually turned out good. It is rich and creamy. My 12 year old daughter asks for this all the time. My husband LOVES it.
- 2 lbs steak
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 knorr beef bouillon cube
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 (24 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup cooking sherry, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small shallot, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- In a large mixing bowl combine sour cream and flour, cream together.
- Add tomato soup, ½ cup of sherry, salt to taste, pepper, and beef bouillon cube (melt cube in a few tablespoons of hot water). Mix well with sour cream mixture and put in fridge.
- Thinly slice steak and chop all veggies.
- Melt butter in a lrg skillet.
- Add half of the steak (season to taste) and stir fry over high heat until cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add the other half of the steak along with all the veggies and ½ cup of cooking sherry. Stir fry until meat is cooked thru and veggies are tender.
- Return all the meat to the skillet.
- Add sour cream mixture.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
- Cook and stir one minute more.
- Serve over egg noodles.