Recipe by Mysterygirl
Thi is my favorite way to cook round steak. It comes out so wonderfully tender and delicious. You can serve over rice or my preference which is egg noodles.
- 2 lbs round steaks, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into serving size pieces and coat with flour.
- Reserve remaining flour.
- Pour oil into skillet and brown meat over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove meat.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and remaining flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in beef stock and paprika.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until fork tender, turning once.
- Remove steaks, skim fat from gravy and stir in sour cream until blended.
- Heat through- DON'T BOIL!
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.