Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 55 mins
Thi is my favorite way to cook round steak. It comes out so wonderfully tender and delicious. You can serve over rice or my preference which is egg noodles.
- Cut meat into serving size pieces and coat with flour.
- Reserve remaining flour.
- Pour oil into skillet and brown meat over medium heat for about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove meat.
- Add onions to skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in salt and remaining flour until blended.
- Gradually stir in beef stock and paprika.
- Bring to a boil.
- Return steaks, reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes or until fork tender, turning once.
- Remove steaks, skim fat from gravy and stir in sour cream until blended.
- Heat through- DON'T BOIL!
- Serve with rice or egg noodles.
Excellent!!! Smooth and creamy sauce surrounding bites of tender steak. All atop a mound of noodles. This one you MUST try.
Add me to the list of your admirers, MG! This steak recipe is outstanding! It's really easy to mix up and simmer along on the stove. I served Karen Monahan's Autumn Two Potato Scallop, #41183, with it, so I omitted the egg noodles. Made a lovely meal. We really enjoyed. Thanks for sharing. Laudee
This recipe was outstanding!! The steak was so tender and moist! The creamed gravy was excellent! Thank you Mysterygirl this is a keeper in my house ; )