Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is oh-so good....the most moist, delicious banana pound cake you will ever eat. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the mashed bananas, yellow cake mix, pudding mix, vegetable oil, 3/4 cup water, and the eggs. Mix well.
- Pour into a bundt pan (that has been sprayed generously with non-stick cooking spray.).
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Meawhile, in a saucepan, melt the butter, then add 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- When the cake is removed from the oven, pour the sauce on over slowly (with the cake STILL in the pan).
- Let sit at least 20 minutes to absorb the sauce.
This is a very flavourful and moist cake (even after 4 days!). I am only giving it 4 stars because of the glaze. IMHO, there was just too much of it. The bottom third of the cake absorbed so much glaze that it changed the texture (made it kind of "soggy")and it made it too sweet. I think if you used only 1/2 a recipe of the glaze, the cake would be outstanding! Made for MY 3 CHEFS Nov '09.