Recipe by Dans La Lune
I changed a few things to make this recipe a bit more "clean", and more diet friendly. Either way... delicious!! If you're not on a diet, these are amazing with butter spread over them. Make a loaf or muffins...
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 1⁄4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use paper cupcake wrappers in the muffin pan to eliminate the need for a greasing agent and for easy cleanup.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the first four ingredients.
- Mix in the walnuts.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the butter, eggs, yogurt, bananas, and vanilla extract.
- Fold the banana mixture into the dry ingredients until the batter is thick but thoroughly moistened.
- Pour into the muffin cups. Fill 80% of the cups with batter, leaving only a little room for rise.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.