1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
I've tried others but I always come back to this recipe. The bread turns out moist and delicious every time. My friend Suzanne gave me this recipe a few years back.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 9x5 inch bread pan with a piece of bunched up wax paper.
- 3Put a little flour in the pan, then tilt and tap the pan to coat the sides with flour. Tap out the excess.
- 4Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a mixing bowl and then set it aside.
- 5With an electric mixer, cream the butter in a separate bowl.
- 6Gradually beat in the sugar.
- 7One at a time, crack each egg into a small bowl and beat them into the creamed mixture.
- 8Blend in the vanilla extract.
- 9In another bowl, stir together the bananas and yogurt until well mixed.
- 10Blen the dry mixture and the banana mixture into the cream mixture in thirds, alternating dry and wet to help prevent the dry ingredients from clumping.
- 11Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- 12With a rubber spatula, scrape the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
- 13Bake the bread on the center rack for 60-70 minutes, or until the top is goldent brown and a tester comes out clean.
- 14Cool the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- 15Remove the loaf from the pan and let it cool thoroughly before slicing.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 42.6 mg
- Sodium 148.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 3.9 g