Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here ya go. This is my favorite recipe. My mom would make it all the time when I was little. Easy Baked Beans My Mom's (Pat) Recipe
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons drippings
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- Cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove bacon, reserving about 3 Tbsp drippings in skillet. Drain and crumble bacon; set aside. Cook chopped onion in reserved drippings till tender.
- Stir in two cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, brown sugar, catsup, Worcestershire sauce, and prepared mustard.
- Turn into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or cook in the microwave oven on HI for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 way through cooking time, Top with bacon.
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Kim C.
Very good recipe. They had a nice, thick consistency. I would recommend this recipe.
I made this last night to go with the meatloaf I made for my guys. I halved the recipe as there wasn't many eating last night and it was wonderful. These beans are simple to prepare and I alway have the ingredients on hand. Thank you for sharing with us.
I liked the consistency of the baked beans but I'm used to a sweeter version. So I may add a little bit more brown sugar next time or use molasses. I did my bacon in the microwave too and just mixed the bacon crumbles up in the beans. I cut the recipe way back since I was just making them for 2 of us so they baked/set up quicker than the full recipe. Went great with the turkey pepper jack hotdogs we had for lunch today. Will make again.