Recipe by canarygirl
I have been making this since I was 18 years old and had just moved out on my own. I love this recipe! Try it with other fruits, or combinations. Peaches and berries (especially blueberries) is a good one. Sprinkle with nuts for another variation.
Top Review by blakesle
Great recipe...I have been looking for one with an oatmeal topping. I added blueberries to the filling and will also add peaches next time. The topping was very sweet and you don't need to add any sugar to the filling. Also added some flax seed to the oatmeal which gave it a little more crunch. This will be made again...thank you Catherine
- 5 cups apples, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Put apples in a baking dish, or pie pan, and sprinkle with water, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients with butter until it gets a sandy texture.
- Top apples with the mix and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
- This is awesome served warm with heavy cream poured over, or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- You can substitute any fruit you like--blueberries, cherries, peaches, or try a mixture of peaches and berries--YUM!