Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have been making this since I was 18 years old and had just moved out on my own. I love this recipe! Try it with other fruits, or combinations. Peaches and berries (especially blueberries) is a good one. Sprinkle with nuts for another variation.
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Put apples in a baking dish, or pie pan, and sprinkle with water, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients with butter until it gets a sandy texture.
- Top apples with the mix and bake for about 30 minutes, until golden.
- This is awesome served warm with heavy cream poured over, or a scoop of your favorite vanilla ice cream.
- You can substitute any fruit you like--blueberries, cherries, peaches, or try a mixture of peaches and berries--YUM!