Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Not only is this one of my favorites, but it is also one of the most requested desserts of family and friends. Luckily, it's one of the easiest to make! And, it smells so good while it is cooking. Be sure to have your favorite vanilla ice cream on hand to serve with this scrumptious "apple crisp." :)
- 3 -4 large tart apples, peeled cored and chopped (Granny Smith apples are my favorite)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup granola cereal
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the apples with the sugar, lemon juice, cornstarch, and water. Place the apple mixture in a greased pie pan or dish.
- Mix all the topping ingredients in a bowl. Sprinkle over the apple mixture to completely cover.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Serve hot or warm with your choice of whipped cream, whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), or vanilla ice cream (my favorite), if desired.