Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I love this stuff. I make it during lent as a milk substitute. I have even used it in my coffee with good results. So yummy I have been known to make it just to enjoy.
- 2⁄3 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- Place the almonds, 2 tblsp water and orange extract in the bottom of a blender or food proccessor and grind to a smooth paste.
- add sugar and continue to blent.
- slowly add the remaining water.
- cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. ( do not taste at this point or you wont get a chance to chill it :).
- after the 2 hours strain milk and place back in fridge. Almond milk can be used to replace regular milk on a 1:1 ratio.
- you may use the leftover nutmeat in muffins or some kind of dessert.
THANK YOU!!!!! There is no way to adequately express my gratitude to you for submitting this fine recipe! My MIL loves almond milk, but it's very expensive for us to buy. Now I can keep her supplied at an affordable price. I can buy almonds form a grower we know and freeze them. THANKS again. Oh, btw. it tastes great too!