2 hrs 10 mins
I love this stuff. I make it during lent as a milk substitute. I have even used it in my coffee with good results. So yummy I have been known to make it just to enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the almonds, 2 tblsp water and orange extract in the bottom of a blender or food proccessor and grind to a smooth paste.
- 2add sugar and continue to blent.
- 3slowly add the remaining water.
- 4cover and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. ( do not taste at this point or you wont get a chance to chill it :).
- 5after the 2 hours strain milk and place back in fridge. Almond milk can be used to replace regular milk on a 1:1 ratio.
- 6you may use the leftover nutmeat in muffins or some kind of dessert.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Almond Milk
Serving Size: 1 (647 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 128.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 21.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g