1/4 Photos of My Favorite Almond Joy Cookies - Lighter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance light butter spread, softened (this should be the stick butter, not the soft tub-style)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted until golden brown
- 1Preheat oven to 375 and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Toast almond and coconut (not together) and chop almonds once cooled. To toast almonds, I bake at 350 for 10 minutes until fragrant. To toast coconut, I use a small skillet on medium heat and shake until coconut is golden brown (removed quickly as unsweetened coconut goes from done to burnt very fast).
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 4Using stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 5Continuing to run mixer on medium, add egg, egg whites and vanilla, one at a time and mix until combined.
- 6With your mixer turned to low, add dry ingredients until flour is incorporated.
- 7Stir in mini-chocolate chips, toasted coconut and toasted chopped almonds.
- 8Drop with a cookie scoop (1.5T) onto cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown on edges.
- 10Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Almond Joy Cookies - Lighter
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: