1/4 Photos of My Favorite Almond Joy Cookies - Lighter
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup Smart Balance light butter spread, softened (this should be the stick butter, not the soft tub-style)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Splenda granular
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut, toasted until golden brown
- 1Preheat oven to 375 and prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 2Toast almond and coconut (not together) and chop almonds once cooled. To toast almonds, I bake at 350 for 10 minutes until fragrant. To toast coconut, I use a small skillet on medium heat and shake until coconut is golden brown (removed quickly as unsweetened coconut goes from done to burnt very fast).
- 3Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 4Using stand mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- 5Continuing to run mixer on medium, add egg, egg whites and vanilla, one at a time and mix until combined.
- 6With your mixer turned to low, add dry ingredients until flour is incorporated.
- 7Stir in mini-chocolate chips, toasted coconut and toasted chopped almonds.
- 8Drop with a cookie scoop (1.5T) onto cookie sheet.
- 9Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown on edges.
- 10Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Favorite Almond Joy Cookies - Lighter
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 9.2 mg
- Sodium 108.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: