Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My recipe for Albacore tuna salad. NOTE: Recipe requires one large 12-ounce can solid white Albacore tuna.
- 340.19 g can solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 78.07 ml diced celery
- 78.07 ml chopped dill pickle (Mt. Olive Zesty Garlic Dills)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh baby dill
- 29.58 ml chopped red onions
- 14.79 ml snipped green onion top
- 14.79 ml finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley
- 9.85 ml imported non-pariel capers
- 118.29 ml real mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml fresh lemon juice (Meyer lemon)
- 2.46 ml granulated sugar
- 1.23 ml coriander powder
- 1.23 ml fresh lemon zest (Meyer lemon)
- 1.23 ml freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.23 ml fine sea salt
- DRAIN 12 ounces solid white Albacore tuna; SET aside.
- CHOP all SALAD ingredients to specifications.
- WHISK the following DRESSING ingredients in a medium bowl: 1/2 cup real mayonnaise, 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar, 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- STIR in the tuna; BREAK up tuna with a fork until desired consistency is reached (I like mine slightly chunky).
- FOLD in remaining SALAD ingredients until mixture is evenly blended (1/3 cup diced celery, 1/3 cup chopped dill pickles (Mt. Olive Zesty Garlic Dills), 2 tablespoons minced fresh baby dill, 2 tablespoons chopped red onion, 1 tablespoon snipped green onion tops, 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh flat leaf parsley, and 2 teaspoons imported non-pariel capers).
- SERVE on your favorite bread, or serve on a bed of lettuce, with vine-ripened tomatoes, ripe avocado, and a light Italian vinaigrette, garnished with a whole black olive and a sprig of fresh dill or parsley if desired; ENJOY!
This is without a doubt the best tuna salad I have ever eaten!!!