Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From my childhood, I remember as a kid Grandpa or mom making this in the fall and how good it was warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- peel, core, and slice apples.
- place sliced apples in a mixing bowl and mix with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for apples.
- grease a 13x9 casserole with some of the butter.
- place sliced apples in buttered casserole dish.
- In mixing bowl mix flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter together to form a course crumble.
- stir in oats and pour over sliced apples.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown and delicious.
- For an added treat serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of caramel syrup.