Recipe by KT_Z
Mum has been making this recipe since I was just little. It's the BEST! Sometimes I substitute 1 cup of whole wheat flour for 1 of white. It makes the cookies a little chewier. I also like a lot of vanilla, so I generally use 2 cap-fulls when I make these.
Top Review by paellaexpert
Super easy to make - a great afternoon project for kids, or a quick treat for anyone else! We took a 15 minute break from Scrabble and were able to make these and munch on them within that time. One thing we did do is halve the amount of white sugar and use milk chocolate chunks (larger than chips) and the recipe adapted very well - thanks for posting!
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine margarine and both sugars. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (We use convection bake, so 8 minutes in our oven is usually just right).
- Once out of oven, let cool on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Just try and wait to taste one!