Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
I haven't seen a duplicate of this. My father has made stroganoff this way since I was a little kid and now I make it. If you don't have a pressure cooker, cook your cubes however desired be it fry or boil or whatever you like, but using the pressure cooker helps keep them nice and tender. this recipe can be adapted for a slowcooker, I don't know exact times because I used the pressure cooker, but give it at least 6-8 hours depending on the size of your beef cubes - make sure they are cooked through. 8 oz of sour cream is a minimum, thats what I usually mix into it, and then I serve extra on the side. This is one meal there are never leftovers for. I'm sorry I have no other words to describe the "jiggler" on top of the cooker, you will see when you start to cook on high heat, the difference between the "slow steady" jiggle and the "crazy" jiggle... a better word would almost be a violent jiggle. If your extremely unsure, then just don't cook your meat this way or use hamburger meat instead. ***note*** This is a meal that we don't really mind not being too meaty, in fact most meals I try to skimp on meat to save money - so if you'd like to add more meat feel free.
- 1 -2 lb boneless beef cube (or any steak cut up into cubes)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 onion
- season salt (to taste)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed golden mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream (two to one ratio on soups important. don't cut out Golden mushroom or do one each changes the flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package cooked egg noodles
- Take beef cubes, water, season salt (to taste), and large slivers of onion, place them in pressure cooker.
- Cook on high until the little jiggler on top of the pressure cooker is going very fast and all crazy then turn heat down to medium leaving the jiggler at a slower steady jiggle, cook for about 20 minutes before you open the lid to check if the meat is done.
- When meat is done, drain all except 1/2 cup of the water, the onions are optional to keep in - personally I take them out.
- Add milk, cream of mushroom, golden mushroom, and sour cream, mix well.
- Simmer on low heat for at least an hour, stirring occasionally if desired, the longer it simmers the better, i usually leave it for 3-4 hours.
- Serve over prepared egg noodles.
Wonderful beef stroganoff Michelle! I used two pounds of beef stew meat and salt, pepper, and lemon pepper instead of the seasoned salt. Added the milk to the 1 1/2 cups of water and stirred it in with the soup mixture. Cooked in the slow cooker for 8 hours and added the sour cream just before serving. The first night we had the stroganoff with noodles and than again a couple nights later with mashed potatoes. The gravy was so good and the perfect amount for both meals. Thank you Michelle for sharing your dad's recipe! Made and reviewed for the Please Review My Recipe tag game.
This is a good recipe for people who like a lot of sauce. I followed ingredients per recipe except I made mashed potatoes instead of noodles. My family loves gravy on their potatoes. Made for PRMR.
This is really good. We don't have a pressure cooker so I just braised some beef stew meat until tender then followed the rest of the directions opting to leave the onion in. Based on previous reviews, I reduced the sauce by omitting the condensed golden mushroom soup and this worked out perfect with a nice healthy portion of meat to sauce.