Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are probably the best brownies I have ever eaten, I got it out of a recipe book when I made my ice cream sandwiches and had left over brownie. I started munching it and so did my brother. We were fighting over who got the last piece. LOL. You won't be disappointed.
- 177.44 ml butter (6oz or 170g)
- 177.44 ml unsweetened cocoa powder
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.25 ml salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line bottom and sides of a brownie pan with aluminum foil, lightly grease with some extra butter (not from ingredients).
- Melt butter over medium heat, whisk until just melted.
- Remove from heat and add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and no lumps remain.
- Add sugar and continue stirring until well blended (I turned to a spoon by this point).
- Let mixture cool 2 minutes.
- Transfer to larger bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add flour (I sifted mine) and salt, using rubber spatula stir until batter is blended.
- Scrape into prepared pan (should be quite hard as mixture doesn't run).
- Spread evenly and bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut.
A lovely brownie recipe which is rich, but not too fudgy. Quick to prepare and even quicker to disappear! Loved it!
Only my second attempt at baking at it turned out perfect. Very chocolatey and nice and spongey so perfect for my mother-in-law with false teeth!