Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in a local newspaper from years ago. They taste like ones my mom used to make. They are "famous" and a favorite of my husband and son. I put them in my homemade spaghetti sauce. UPDATE: After reading your comments I decided to increase the ground beef to 2#lbs [instead of 1#lb]
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk (the recipe called for non-fat but i use 2%)
- 1⁄2 medium Spanish onion, chopped fine (or use onion powder)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients.
- Shape into balls (i use my Pampered Chef med scoop) Place in baking pan.
- Bake@ 325* deg.
- for 20-30 min, until done.
It was ok. Not alot of taste. Was disappointed.
We loved these meat balls. I used them for spaghetti and also for sweet and sour meatballs. Very good both ways. Thanks!
I am not sure about this recipe. When I first made it up I thought the meatballs too soft with all that milk. But the leftovers were very good. They seemed to firm up a bit. Next time I will cut the breadcrumbs to 1/2 cup and the milk to 1/2 cup and add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.