Recipe by lil--miss--happy
Everyone use to call me "Sarah-Lea Dumpling Queen". I love to cook this recipe and it's a fun one too. This recipe will be finished way before the clock changes it hour. The best bit is the family will love you for it!
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 cups water (hot)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped butter
- 1 tablespoon butter, extra
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- extra golden syrup
- extra water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large sauce pan or wok with hot water. Put extra butter and the golden syrup in and leave on low/medium.
- Take the flour, butter and salt and put in a medium bowl and form bread crumbs.
- Add some water to make a just sticky dough.
- Handle as little as possible so they will be soft but take off bits of dough and form rough balls.
- Drop all balls into the syrup.
- Drizzle a small amount of golden syrup over the dumplings evenly.
- Leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Turn them over and leave to simmer for a following 10 minutes.
- Take out and serve with syrup.