These are so good. I have to make 2 dozen for my grandmother every Christmas and she refuses to share them. She actually hides them and pulls them out one at a time! I really have no idea how many this makes as I usually double or triple the recipe. Also it depends on how much of the center you like . UPDATE: some people have had difficulty with the filling being to runny....adding more powdered sugar is not going to alter the taste so feel free to add another 1/2 c to a cup with out worry :)
- Combine the first 5 ingredients until well blended and smooth and place in fridge until firm.
- Meanwhile spread out the drained cherries on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hours.
- Scoop out about 1-2 teaspoon of filling and form into a ball around a cherry.
- Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hr after you have formed them all.
- Melt dipping chocolate and using your hands dip each cherry placing it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill in fridge until chocolate is solid.
- Remove cherries carefully as not to break them open and loose the center.
- Place in an airtight plastic container and keep in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.