1/5 Photos of My Famous Chocolate Covered Cherries
These are so good. I have to make 2 dozen for my grandmother every Christmas and she refuses to share them. She actually hides them and pulls them out one at a time! I really have no idea how many this makes as I usually double or triple the recipe. Also it depends on how much of the center you like . UPDATE: some people have had difficulty with the filling being to runny....adding more powdered sugar is not going to alter the taste so feel free to add another 1/2 c to a cup with out worry :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the first 5 ingredients until well blended and smooth and place in fridge until firm.
- 2Meanwhile spread out the drained cherries on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hours.
- 3Scoop out about 1-2 teaspoon of filling and form into a ball around a cherry.
- 4Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hr after you have formed them all.
- 5Melt dipping chocolate and using your hands dip each cherry placing it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill in fridge until chocolate is solid.
- 6Remove cherries carefully as not to break them open and loose the center.
- 7Place in an airtight plastic container and keep in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Famous Chocolate Covered Cherries
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1596.7
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 789.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 282.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 276.8 g
- Protein 6.5 g