Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This is so flavorful, cheesy and can build arm muscle by just lifting it! I'm famous for this lasagna and it's always a requested meal with company.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄4 lb Italian pork sausage, ground
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce, seasoned
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste, seasoned
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 (24 ounce) container small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided
- In a skillet, brown beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Add the next seven ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, parsley, cottage cheese, ricotta, parmesan.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in an ungreased 9x13inch baking dish.
- Layer 3 noodles.
- Layer 6 slices of provolone over noodles.
- Layer 2 cups cheese mixture & 1-1/4 cup mozzarella cheese over provolone.
- Layer 3 noodles.
- Layer 2 cups meat sauce.
- Layer remaining cheese mixture & 1 1/4 cup mozzarella.
- Top with remaining noodles, then meat sauce, then mozzarella. Dish will be full.
- Cover with foil (leave room in between foil and cheese so it doesn't stick).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and bake 20 minutes longer.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
I did not have to make this recipe to give it 5 stars.Because it is so close to my recipe.I think it is the provalone, never seen it in Lasagna.I do not use the ricotta. I use cottage cheese And I great and mix all the cheese together.Since I found Kittencals sauce 150207..this is the only sauce I ever use now.It does not have that acid taste. "yes" Kades Mom we make the best Lasagna LOL.
This has replaced my other favorite lasagna recipe! I use whole box of noodles and omit pork (personal pref). FABULOUS! Family wants me to make it weekly! Thank you!
This was amazingly good! The provolone slices add a unique texture and taste. It is not overly saucy and slices up beautifully. I did use only 1 lb. of both the ground chuck and Italian pork sausage. Thank you KadesMom!