Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like to mess around in the kitchen and came across and idea to make some cheese dips.. after 2 trys this was the best one I came up with and let me tell you it was awsome.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cut up
- 1 (16 ounce) jar picante sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cheedar cheese soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- tortilla chips
- In large skillet cook ground beef, sausage, and onion until meat is brown.
- Drain Fat.
- In 4qt.
- Dutch oven combine cheese, picante sauce, undrained tomatoes, mushroom soup, cheese soup, and milk.
- Cook and stir constantly over low heat until cheese melts.
- Stir in beef mixture.
- Heat through.
- Serve with warm tortilla chips.
I am not sure what happened but this turned out awful. I made as written but something just didn't quite mesh taste wise. I will try it again but I am not sure how to fix this to make it better.
Made your dip in a crockpot. Browned the hamburger and onion in a skillet and then added to the pot after cheese melted. Delicious! Kept the crockpot on "warm" once everything had heated through. Sure was a big hit with our company. I also used the extra mild picante sauce and mild diced tomatoes with green chilies. Everyone thought it was just the right amount of "heat." (The children loved it, too!) Thanx, Heather, for a truly yummy recipe!