Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Always a request for any party/ gathering im inviteded to - but only for spicey lovers - although, can easily substitude green peppers in place of jalepenos for those of you who cant handle the heat!! They go fast, so i usually make a double batch.
- 8 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 16 slices bacon (1 pkg)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin or 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon both salt and cracked pepper
- Mix Last 5 items with softened cream cheese with blender or spoon, whatever is easiest for you!
- preheat over to 375°F.
- Slice jalepenos in half lengthwise, and dig out the seeds and stuff in the middle (be SURE to rinse your hands after every couple jalepenos with soap and warm water - or your hands will get burned by juices).
- Fill jalepenos, just a tad over filled with cream cheese blend (about a Tbs. each).
- wrap with a slice of bacon and crack more fresh pepper on top of wrap, if you like.
- Bake for 25-35 minute however crisy you like your bacon - but bacon will be cooked thruogh after 25 minutes. Can broil the last 5 min if you like as well.
I enjoyed the additional flavors added to the traditional cream cheese filling in these and the cracked pepper on top. (I used the cumin option.) I always wear disposable plastic gloves when making poppers to prevent burning. I baked on a foil lined pan and flipped the peppers a few times during the bake time. Thank you for sharing the recipe. Made for Spring 2010 Pick A Chef.