This is my family's favorite. I get in trouble with them if I try something different. It is adapted from the way my grandmother made yams. This makes a small casserole, but it is easy to double or triple for a crowd. (My family is a crowd! Twenty five plus when we all get together)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Spray a one quart casserole with non stick spray.
- 2Drain syrup from yams and set aside.
- 3In microwave safe bowl, combine flour, salt and brown sugar.
- 4Stir in syrup from yams, add butter and cook in microwave, stirring frequently till thick. (If too thick, add water to acheive desired consistancy, you should be able to pour it. My family likes LOTS of sauce!).
- 5Place yams in prepared casserole. Pour sauce over yams. Bake in 350 degree F oven till bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- 6Add marshmallows if desired, and return to oven to brown for about 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family's Favorite Yams
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.8
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 379.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 2.2 g