Recipe by Yia Yia
This developed from my quest for yummy pancakes that even I loved. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes, but I LOVE these fluffy (not too fluffy!) and sweet (not too sweet!) babies. I hope you try them and enjoy them, too!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 scraped bean)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 - 1/2 cupful of batter onto a preheated griddle or skillet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Turn when plenty of bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Enjoy with your choice of syrup or fruit!