Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This developed from my quest for yummy pancakes that even I loved. I'm not a huge fan of pancakes, but I LOVE these fluffy (not too fluffy!) and sweet (not too sweet!) babies. I hope you try them and enjoy them, too!
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (or 1/2 scraped bean)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour about 2/3 - 1/2 cupful of batter onto a preheated griddle or skillet sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Turn when plenty of bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- Enjoy with your choice of syrup or fruit!
Fluffy and easy! We prefer the taste of our usual recipe from The Joy of Cooking that uses butter, but enjoyed the fluffy consistency.
We enjoyed these easy-to-put-together pancakes, especially the addition of the vanilla. Thanks for posting.