Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This meatloaf has been my creation since I was 12 years old and started cooking. I typically just throw it together without mixing and my family always enjoys it more than any others I've tried. (Except my son, who thoroughly enjoys Hawaiian meatloaf!)
- 455 g lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (not instant or quick)
- 60 g egg white substitute
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peppers and onions
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup (I use sugar free)
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (French's here!)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- Toss all ingredients in a large bowl and mix together using either a fork or clean hands.
- Roll up 5 sheets of tin foil, placing 3 across the bottom of the crockpot and 2 crossing the others. This gives you a handle to pick the meatloaf up out of the crock and also allows the oils to drain from the meat.
- Form the mixture into a loaf and set in crockpot on the tinfoil "creation". Add sliced zucchini and squash along the top.
- Cover, cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Enjoy and come back to let me know about it! :D.
- (Note: I use my hand and cut the yolk in 1/2 and then sub 1TBS of egg whites to make it a little lower in cholesterol.).
I made this a few weeks ago and wasn't able to post it at that time due to circumstances. Sorry Smooch At any rate It's great, and the fact that it uses turkey instead of beef is a bonus.