Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is a simple, quick recipe that I have relied on for almost 30 years. The ingredients are generally on hand so it is easy to throw together when someone in the house is not feeling up to par. I have doubled and tripled this recipe to freeze some for later.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Excellent!! I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers. The flavor is wonderful and so comforting. Even though I doubled the recipe, I still only used one large chicken breast (skinless/boneless is what I had on hand) and it provided plenty of chicken for us. I will definitely make this my go-to quick soup recipe for sick days - or anytime a chicken soup craving hits. Thanks!! P.S. I used whole wheat egg noodles. :)
- 2 (13 3/4 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken breast, split (about 1 lb.)
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup medium egg noodles
- parsley, chopped, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan, combine chicken broth, chicken breast, carrots, celery, onion and water.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken; trim meat from bones; add to soup.
- Stir in noodles.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan to your liking.