This is a simple, quick recipe that I have relied on for almost 30 years. The ingredients are generally on hand so it is easy to throw together when someone in the house is not feeling up to par. I have doubled and tripled this recipe to freeze some for later.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, combine chicken broth, chicken breast, carrots, celery, onion and water.
- 2Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 3Remove chicken; trim meat from bones; add to soup.
- 4Stir in noodles.
- 5Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- 6Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan to your liking.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family's Favorite Fast Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 723.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g