Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a simple, quick recipe that I have relied on for almost 30 years. The ingredients are generally on hand so it is easy to throw together when someone in the house is not feeling up to par. I have doubled and tripled this recipe to freeze some for later.
- In saucepan, combine chicken broth, chicken breast, carrots, celery, onion and water.
- Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken; trim meat from bones; add to soup.
- Stir in noodles.
- Simmer, covered, 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan to your liking.
Excellent!! I doubled the recipe so we could have leftovers. The flavor is wonderful and so comforting. Even though I doubled the recipe, I still only used one large chicken breast (skinless/boneless is what I had on hand) and it provided plenty of chicken for us. I will definitely make this my go-to quick soup recipe for sick days - or anytime a chicken soup craving hits. Thanks!! P.S. I used whole wheat egg noodles. :)
Super! Very easy to put together and the outcome is pure comfort. I uased chicken broth in cartons and omitted the water and added salt and pepper to taste.
This was great. Made for a quick and easy meal on a busy night. Thanks for posting this Jackie! Made for 1~2~3 Hits.