This is so easy and everyone loves it. Set out some bowls of sour cream and shredded cheese to top the chili. We like to serve it in bread bowls. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, undrained
- Ina large pot, brown the beef, onions and garlic for about 8-10 minutes.
- Drain fat and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook for one hour over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve in individual bowls and top with desired garnishes.
Great chili recipe! I used 1 can of tomato paste instead of tomato soup because I didn't have it, added an additional can of kidney beans, used a can of pork and beans instead of pinto beans and threw in the remains of our Diet Coke (about 1/2 cup) and still tasted great! The leftovers are just as good! Thanks for sharing!
Made up a batch for the freezer to have on hand for those unexpected times - minus a couple of bowls for lunch today. Other then only using half a bottle of light beer, I made a posted (didn't see the beer either till I was into the making!) Loved the addition of the pinto beans. Added to my Chili Cookbook - yes it is that good. Thank you Susie!
Made and reviewed for Zaar 2007! Deeeelish! I did not have any tomato soup, so used a 28 oz can of chopped tomatoes and some tomato paste. I also added some Heinz baked beans because I did not have pinto beans. I'll definitely make this again! My BF LOVED it!