1 hr 15 mins
This is a thin but delicious soup. I grew up on it and love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in dutch oven. Cook onion and cauliflower. Note: The cauliflower does not have to be completely soft.
- 2Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook until slightly brown.
- 3Add chicken broth and heat to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are very tender.
- 5Cool slightly, and mash vegetables.
- 6Heat to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and slowly add cream and milk.
- 8Heat to a boil.
- 9Reduce heat and add cheese.
- 10Cook over very low heat until cheese melts and add salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family's Favorite Cauliflower Soup
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 665.5
- Calories from Fat 504
- Total Fat 56.0 g
- Saturated Fat 34.8 g
- Cholesterol 175.9 mg
- Sodium 904.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper