1/4 Photos of My Family Favourite Chocolate Cake
Um Safia's Note:
A super light and fluffy chocolate sponge cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the margarine and the sugar until light and fluffy. I personally prefer to lessen the amount of sugar as I don't like things overly sweet but 80z is the original recipe.
- 2Whisk the eggs into the sugar/margarine mixture.
- 3Slowly add the flour, baking powder and cocoa. Sieve these to avoid lumps (especially in the cocoa).
- 4Stir in a figure of 8 fashion. Gradually add enough water to loosen the cake mix up a bit. It should be the consistency of a slightly thin custard.
- 5Pour into a non stick cake tin, preferably with loose bottom. I use an 8'' round tin for this cake.
- 6Bake on a middle/top shelf in the oven at 180 c for around 45 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 7Remove from tin and cool on wire rack. Once cooled, top with chocolate icing, frosting etc or dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Family Favourite Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.2
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 28.4 g
- Protein 5.8 g