Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I am writing the recipe down here, as I Have lost the recipe to many times to count. The recipe comes from Mexico City! :)
- 10 dried New Mexico chiles, mild
- 10 dried New Mexico chiles, hot
- 1 head garlic
- 6 tomatoes (4 large)
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- knorr chicken bouillon
- Peel the garlic.
- Clean the chiles. (Remove seeds, rib meat and stems).
- Place cleaned chiles, all garlic, and tomatoes in a large stockpot. Simmer for an hour.
- Saute the onion.
- Blend the chiles with the cooking water. Run through a sieve or ricer. (This step is very important, the skins need to be removed).
- Heat oil on med heat, then add the flour, stir and add some of the cooking fluid from the chiles, then add the chile mixture itself. Continue adding the fluid till it gets to the right consistency.
- Add around a heaping tablespoon of chicken boulion granules to taste.