Recipe by Nancy1006
So much turkey left not sure what to do with it? I found a great way to use at least some of it up!
- 1⁄3 cup margarine or 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups turkey broth (I use chicken) or 1 3⁄4 cups chicken broth (I use chicken)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups cut up cooked turkey (I use more of course)
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine over low heat until melted.
- Blend in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute.
- Stir in turkey and mixed vegetables.
- Pour mixture into your favorite pie crust shell; make sure you have a top cover for the pie. Flute edges, cut slits into center to allow the steam to escape.
- Cook uncovered in a 425º oven until crust is a golden brown, aboout 30-35 minutes.